Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fourth Sunday of Easter: Good Shepherd Sunday




The expression “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” (Acts 2, 40) from today’s first reading has at least two meanings for us. The Greek “genea” allude to the present moment (time and space) and also made allusion to an specific nation. It seems that is referring specially to the environment and atmosphere that involve us and induct in many ways to act in an specific way with an specific fashion.




Therefore the words of Peter are not trying to encourage to live apart of the people that surround it us. The message is: learn how to live in freedom in your own environments. As we can see that exhortation was valid and helpful in the first century and is also valid and helpful in the XXI century and also in the centuries to come. We need to learn how to be free in our environments because there are many voices of many shepherds looking for lambs. Many people are trying to sell us their proposals of life. Many if their offers lead to sin and death.

Today, The Good Shepherd Sunday, we, as a family need to be aware of the voices of the false shepherds, the thiefs of the gospel. Peter, the first Pope is encouraging to tune our ears so that we can be attentive to the voice if the True and Good Shepherd; then the scriptures will become true is you “I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly” (Jn. 10, 10).

Lord Jesus, thank you so much for your generosity and patience in being with me today. My only desire is to please you. My heart longs to be flooded with your grace so that I may fully accomplish your will in my life. Jesus, Good Shepherd, help me to know and love you more.

Thank you Sacred Heart of Jesus for reminding me of your great love and my vocation to imitate your love. Help me not to get in your way. Help me not to be afraid of a life of generous service and self-giving to all the souls that you have entrusted to me, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment