Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity "The Mystery of Trinitarian Love "

Jesus said to his disciples: I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming. He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you. Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you. (John 16:12-15)


Introductory Prayer: Lord, help me to turn to you. Help me to keep this time holy and sacred. Let every thought of my mind and movement of my heart bepleasing to you. 

Petition: Lord, grant me the grace to live the truth, cost what it may. 

1. Living the Truth. Jesus continues to speak of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Holy Trinity. We see first of all his task of leading us to the truth. He guides our conscience to know Gods plan for our life, the good to be done. The Holy Spirit comes to guide us and help us. Life has a way of becoming complicated. It is not always easy to know what we should or shouldnt do. This is where we need to develop a friendship with the Holy Spirit. We need to exercise faith in his presence in our life and action in our soul. We need to listen to his voice and be prompt in obeying his call. 

2. Speaking the Truth. The Holy Spirit doesnt speakon his own. We see his humility. The Holy Spirit is a humble person. He doesnt speak on his own. He doesnt claim to know more than the Father or be more intelligent than the Son. He doesnt have a better or different plan. He doesnt seek first place, but seems to hide in the background. He is the perfect example of humility, seeking only the others good. He shows me the way: I too should speak the truth I learn from God. I need to faithfully transmit what God has revealed and entrusted to the Church, to submit my heart and mind to the Magisterium of the Church. 

3. Loving the Truth. Everything that the Father has belongs to the Son. They share everything. This is the mystery of their life. Everything of the Father is poured into the Son. Only being father remains to him. The Father generates a perfect image of himself, a divine son, the divine word that perfectly expresses the divine mind. They share everything. The love between them is the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity. Jesus reveals the mystery of Trinitarian life, a perfect communion of life and love. We are called to share in this communion of life and love, and to share it with others. 

Dialogue with Christ: Thank you Lord for the gift of your love. You give me what is most precious to you. You gave me your life on Calvary. You gave me your Mother Mary at the cross. You ascended into heaven to send me the Holy Spirit, and there you sit at the Fathers side interceding for me. Draw me to yourself. Let me never be parted from you.

Resolution: I will dedicate ten minutes to daily study time for the next week using it to look over the catechism or Sacred Scripture.



No comments:

Post a Comment