Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Resurrection of the Lord




Alleluia, Alleluia. This is the word that we couldn’t use during Lent or during the first part of Holy Week. The Alleluia comes as an anticipation of the strong Light that is defeating all the darkness TODAY. The Church finds its way to be thankful with the gifts of God in this celebration of Thanksgiving. Today more than ever, the Church listens like a good servant to the voice of The Lord. We are gathered here acknowledging our need of light and healing from that strong Light that is Christ. 




 As we received it from the Easter Candle that symbolizes Jesus, we understand even more our need of it. It is a gift, a free gift that maybe we don’t deserve it, but we truly need it.  The best of the gifts from God The Father is here for you and for me.

Today, like I said, the Church hears the voice of the Lord, paying more attention than before. This is what she is saying through the readings:

In the1st reading we see that Nothing that comes from the hands of God can be bad. God saw that everything He was created was “GOOD”. At least remember this: His purpose and plan was to make you and me “Good”. Acknowledging this will help up to understand more clearly the effects of evil and its fatal consequences. We can see it in us and in others. Sin needs to be always a stranger and can't be welcomed into our hearts. The beauty of creation is damaged by sin.

In the 2nd reading we recall the Sacrifice of Abraham. Isaac asked where is the lamb for the holocaust? There is only one answer after 19 centuries of fasting and hope, which comes from John the Baptist: This is The Lamb of God. Who takes the sin of The World and of you and me. God will give Him to us in sacrifice, a propitiation of our sins.

In the 3rd reading we see God commanding Moses. “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to go forward. Tell them to cross the waters.” The People of God saw the Victory of God and they saw their enemy’s dead.


God, help us to see also our enemies lying and death again in our lives. Maybe our enemies are not physical enemies but we have sins, addictions, weaknesses, etc.

God will defeat Pharaoh again!

My brothers and sisters, This is the night of the victories. What enemy do you want God to defeat today? Are you afraid of death, solitude, or sadness? Cry out to God and He will open the waters for you to pass through and you will witness the death of your enemies. Do we need money at Saint Marks? remember, according to the Holy Scriptures: “Not a single one of them (the enemies) escaped”.

In tye 4th reading we hear our Compassionate Lord saying: For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great tenderness I will take you back”. It's never too late. You are tired, yes but don't lose heart. God is claiming again Saint Marks like His Posesion.

In the 5th reading we read: “All you who are thirsty, come to the water!
You who have no money, come, receive grain and eat; come, without
paying and without cost”… Come all you who thirst to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and He will satisfy your thirst. Why waste time going everywhere, but getting nowhere. The Grace comes from His Heart.

In the 6th reading, “Hear, O Israel, the commandments of life:
listen, and know prudence” Learn where prudence is,
where strength, where understanding” You will know, where light of the eyes, and peace.’ Are.

and  in the 7TH reading God told us, that HE I will sprinkle clean water upon you to cleanse you from all your impurities. What is keeping you from loving God more through Sacraments or prayer? Sin? I will cleanse you. Do you have you heart broken with wounds, hatred and lack of hope? Listen: I will give you a New Heart. What is the spirit that leads your life? Envy, sadness, impurity?
I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees.. Are you insensitive to the needs of others and too busy with YOUR PLANS AND AGENDA?, Do you have a stony heart? I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you,
taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts. 

Do you think God is not near to you? Listen: I will pour my spirit in you. Do you think God's commandments are too hard to follow? I will help you to follow my precepts. Do you think you needed God and he let you down? Listen: You will live in the land I gave to your fathers. Do you think this message is not for you? Listen: you will be my people and I will be your God! Nothing can separate you from me!

All the readings are pointing to Baptism. That entire God promised. Everything He can do and knows comes to us in our baptism. In that Sacrament all the Old Testament finds fulfillment. Everything, so that you and I can have NEW LIFE! The history of Salvation is your Story.

Do not be afraid! TRUST, it is real, HE can do it. He did it in many, many lives already and is doing it in you today! This CAN’T STOP

Sacred Heart of Jesus, you are the source of all life because you are life itself. Your resurrection gives me the hope of being raised from the dead to rejoice with you forever in heaven. Thank you for your presence in my life. I love you, and I want to follow after you with all my heart. Be with me now, and create in me a new Heart.

Grant me the joy of seeing my hopes constantly kindled by your power over sin and death. May the strength of your resurrection overcome the weaknesses of my human nature.

Lord Jesus, you know how to prepare your disciples to experience your presence deeply and know you intimately. I ask today for a deepening in the faith of Saint Mark’s Church. Give us more Faith in your resurrection. Let all the events of our lives point us to the truth that you are ALIVE!

Alleluia, Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment