Thursday, January 20, 2011

7 Basic Points of Pro Ecclesia Sancta (the way to hollines)


7 BASIC POINTS
 1.Daily prayer:  "Look at what makes the prayer: with prayer the foolish are wise; the weak, strong; the shy ones, brave; the fickle, steadfast; the imperfect, perfect; the proud and comfort-loving and impatient and selfish become humble, austere, patient and charitable. This is to say,  prayer  transforms the souls and it reaches sanctity."                                  (Fr. Pablo Menor, S. J.).  

2.       Spirit of interior and exterior self-denial, of over coming our own selves: so that you achieve the domain of yourself; so that you are strong, so that you can love, so that you are free.  This  is the "CONQUER OF SELF " from the Gospel.  

3.       Falling in love Jesus Christ in the Eucharist:   Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.” (Jn. 6:56).

Mass and communion at least every Sunday.  If it is not possible for you sacramental communion, then do spiritual communion, participating, with humility and trust, the Sacred Sacrifice of the Mass.
  
4.       Love Our Blessed Mother so that while imitating her readiness, fidelity and resolution, you allow yourself to be formed by Her as an authentic  disciple  of Jesus.  The daily rosary, or at least weekly,  is the best and most  excellent way to review and to welcome into your life the main mysteries of the life of Christ, together with His Most Holy Mother.  

5.       Spirit of vigilance: The Gospel exhorts us to be permanently attentive:  Be on Guard always. 

This spirit embraces:  

A)    Daily examination of conscience:  so that you stay humble, lucid, conscious and in control of your acts. 
B)    Spiritual guidance: The guidance of a priest will help you to achieve a new vision of life and of the world through the light of Christ.     
C)   Frequent confession: Jesus Christ has wanted to give you his pardon through the mediation of the apostles and HIs successors: " Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained." (Jn 20: 23).  

  6. Serious knowledge of the faith: especially through the study and the constant meditation of the Word of God and of all that helps us to understand it and to explain to it: we believe in order to understand; we understand to enable us to believe even more deeply. 

7. Yearly retreats: to rebuild and strengthen the forces of the spirit; to grow, never pausing.  

All this, in the end, is to arrive to an INTERNAL KNOWLEDGE DE JESUS CHRIST, TO LOVE HIM AND FOLLOW HIM WITH ALL OUR STRENGTH. 

Where is my STRONGHOLD?

  " In the Father's mercy,  in Jesus' Precious  Blood,  in the assistance of the Holy Spirit, in our Mother, Mary's intercession, in the constant protection of the Angels,  in the Eucharistic banquet,  in the Holy Cross,  in the prayers of the saints." 

The strength of God is shown perfectly in our weaknesses.  For that reason I glory myself in my weaknesses , so that the strength of Christ lives in me: when I am weak, that is  that is when I am strong! .  

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness. I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.” (2 Cor 12, 9-10) 
 
Will I see the RESULTS?

Yes. Harmony in your home will prosper. Patience with your neighbor will increase.  You will be stronger in conquering your weaknesses.  You will find yourself more compassionate, understanding and more merciful .  You will possess peace and joy amid the confusion.  The fruit of the Spirit is love, happiness, peace, patience, affability, kindness, fidelity, meekness, temperance. 

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. (Gal 5: 22-23)  

How long this will take?

Be not in a hurry; sanctity embraces your entire life.  Little by little; effort after effort; prayer after prayer; day by day,  amid the small and big things, the sadness and happiness, the victories and failings.  A thousand mile walk starts with a single step. The important thing is not to stop: whatever  happens,  He will be with us until the end.  " Brothers, I for my part do not consider myself to have taken possession. Just one thing: forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God’s upward calling, in Christ Jesus. It is not that I have already taken hold of it or have already attained perfect maturity, but I continue my pursuit in hope that I may possess it, since I have indeed been taken possession of by Christ Jesus.  (Phil.3: 12-14)

WHEN it should BEGIN?

NOW!  

Today, in this moment.  You have enough with His grace. "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor 12: 9). 
NOW!  

Don't allow yourself to be deceived:  Now it is not too soon and it is never too late!  

NOW!  

It is the moment to begin a new life in Christ Jesus!  

 It doesn't matter  how you are. . . Christ loves you.  In good times He heard you and on the day of salvation He helped you.  For He says: "In acceptable times I heard you, and on the day of salvation I helped you." Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 6: 2).  

 Dear reader:  

Meditate frequently the “Spirit of Pro Ecclesia Sancta." Our Founder wrote it. Allow it illuminate your understanding and arouse and light your heart

Coming up tomorrow ...

1 comment:

  1. When we were Protestants, our pastor used to tell us "God loves you just the way you are...but He loves you too much to let you stay that way!" These Seven Points are a good way to begin to not "stay that way" - thank you, Fr. Menor!

    ReplyDelete